[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

SSLv3 MAC calculation

Hi,

I need some help, I found 2 differenct specifications for the MAC
calculation in SSLv3:

http://home.netscape.com/newsref/ssl/3-SPEC.htm#RTFToC20

does not include any padding, but adds SSLCompressed.type and

http://home.netscape.com.eng/ssl3/3-SPEC.htm#7-2-3-1

does include padding but leaves out SSLCompressed.type.

I have tried both but none seem to compatible with what Netscape does
(or I have a bug). A have been able to decrypt the Client-Finish and
can see that the hashes of the handshake messages match so that means
that my session keys must be ok.

Could it be that the length is more than 2 bytes or that the
sequence number is less than 8 bytes? Any other secret ingredients?

Any help appreciated,
Jeroen de Borst

--
| Jeroen de Borst              | Tel: +49 6172 736937              |